Thursday, May 5, 2011

Bantayan Island, Cebu

My first and last visit to Bantayan Island was last 2009 with my family and cousins. So, where is exactly Bantayan Island? It is located at the northern part of the province of Cebu. From the city, you either travel by private van or public transportation, (bus) all the way to Hagnaya Port (roughly 3-4hrs road travel). From the port, you are not far behind Sta. Fe Port, this is just a short trip unlike the road travel.

The beach is white as Boracay, but not fine like the latter. The long stretched shoreline is great for walking and picking up shells.

view towards Sta. Fe Port

shoreline across Sta. Fe Beach Club



We stayed at Sta. Fe Beach Club, which is 15mins away from the port.


We visited the marketplace, ate our lunch. The market stalls are filled with variety of fruits.


My love for shooting sunsets was not missed, that on the second day, my cousin and I decided to wait for the sun to rise.
5am
And waited..
6am

6:30AM


7AM



Ferry going to Sta. Fe Port

8AM - no sun :(



As you can see, the sun did not show up. We waited until 9 in the morning. And no sun. I hope to revisit Bantayan Island in my come back to Cebu. :)

Quote for the Day: "It's a third eye. I see things that were never there before." - Ross Caligagan

Sta. Fe Beach Club at 6:44am

No comments:

Post a Comment