Friday, November 11, 2011

Last Look at France

I'm nearly at the end of my France vacation-blog-series. But before we jump to another European country, I'd like to share some of my non-categorized photos. These are some bits of sights to see within Paris. The detail might be minute but,. . . you'll see what I mean :)

One of the many buildings situated in La Defense, Paris. Mostly famous for the business district and architectural buildings. I wouldn't say that this place is partially neglected by the tourist people, but I would say that it is not included in the popular places in the city.

If our hotel weren't in this area, I would probably not have been here. It was a good thing I did! My research on this place when I first blogged about La Defense. There was much history in it and lots of sculptures that are full of history.

Interesting Facts:
* The skyscraper district
* La Defense de Paris is the statue situated, named after the place
* Europe's largest business center and the new financial district
* For the architecture's uniformity, buildings had to be 24mx42m for every 100m ht.
* Famous landmarks are situated here such as the Dôme IMAX Theater of Paris and the Muée de L'Automobile (the Automobile Musuem)

LADURÉE Sweets & Gourmandises.
This famous dessert haven is situated along Champs Elysees. There never was a time the place was empty, as it was always hopping for tourists and French folks.

I noticed that French people loves sweet. The dessert we had at the plane on the way to France was purely chocolates - dark.

LADURÉE macaroon started with Pierre Desfontaines, who thought of taking two macaroon shells and joining them with a delicious ganache filling.

To know what macaroons look like, please visit their site for more info http://www.laduree.fr
Futuristic Cars


The future of our cars is found here! :) Kidding. Apart from the sweets, from the skyscraper, the streets along Champs also gives you a glimpse of the latest car models. Yes, the futuristic showrooms are all for us to view. :)


Place Vendome is a square in the first of the 20 administrative district in Paris, France, located to the north of Tuileries Gardens. It is the starting point of the Rue de la Paix.  Its original name was Place des Conquetes. The core is made of stone and the bronze which covers it comes from the melting down of anywhere between 133-1250 Austrian and Russian cannons confiscated from the battle of Austerlitz

Place Vendôme

Panoramic shot just before we venture the outskirts of France

LA VALLÉE VILLAGE. Valley Village is one of the nine Chic Outlet Shopping Villages managed by Value Retail. Founded in 1992, it is the only company dedicated to the creation and operation of villages luxury shopping discounts (I still think it is still expensive). Prestigious brands of fashion and decoration discounts and offers buyers a sophisticated shopping experience.

at the entrance, near Information.

Luxurious brands such as: Paul Smith, Guess, RL Polo, LongChamp, Hugo Boss, Armani, Burbury, Jimmy Choo, CK, D&G, Furla, Kenzo, Lancel, Max Mara, Michael Kors, Nike, Versace, Tommy Hilfiger, etc.


It's au revoir for now to France. :) It's always fascinating to visit this country. I come to appreciate it now together with my handy camera. I came to see things, places in a different aspect, not like we normally see it. ^^


Quote for the Day: "If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff."
~ Jim Richardson




2 comments:

  1. These places are interesting. I especially love your panoramic shot! :) Btw, I checked Laduree's site and it's so chic and cool.. So interactive! (I know what macaroons look like though.. XD)

    Anyway, thanks for sharing these.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gayle! I love this post! Cant wait to go to Paris someday :)

    Anyway, the place you were asking about is Sumilon Island. I posted part 1 and part 2 already. Part 3 is coming up. Just have to organize more photos.

    Cant wait to read more of your travel and food posts!

    www.joeiandme.com
    Please LIKE my Facebook page :)

    P.s. Are we followers of each other already? :)

    ReplyDelete