Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sssteakkk... :)

If you say the word, steak - WAGYU STEAK, here in the Philipiines regardless of the budget, there's only one dinning place where they are known for it - MELO's. My family completely loves steaks, especially my dad, served with red or white wine. My other siblings also share the same taste buds as my dad has, whereas me and my mom, we sometimes go with the buds but most of the time we are on the fish side of the meal.

(source: melosteaks.com)
I really like Melo's, it's the perfect place to bring foreign friends, special persons in one's lives or just for the sake of treating yourself to a good day. But for me, Melo's is family day (because I really can't afford this place T_T). And this time when I finally get to taste "the" steak, we had some company, we had some friends who cam from abroad, and we decided to bring them here in their Burgos Circle Branch.



It was my first time (ever) to dine or even stepped foot in the Burgos Circle Joint. It was as if I was somewhere else, and it doesn't even look like Manila!





We took the outside place of the restaurant. It was so fancy and romantic and relaxing. All the staff were so patient with us, they had good service! Kudos to the staff here :)

The inside dining area was buzzing and full of guests - foreigners, businessmen, big-time people. 



As appetizers for the meal, we were served with bread and butter. It was the soft buns that I love to eat if I were in a 5-star hotel breakfast buffet. The butter just melted in the soft hot buns - it was heaven! :)


Melo is the nickname of Carmelo Santiago, who established this joint back in the 1987. He was the first restaurant in the country to offer Certified Angus Beef, of which is a personal of his. When the wagyu beef  started to become a hit in the global culinary world, Melo's Restaurant, was already ahead of the fad. Their delectable steaks are always sought after.

Fancy wagyu steaks partnered with family tradition and good service, this is the place where good wagyu beef can be found. :)



We ordered some Classic Ceasar Salad for sharing

My main dish for that evening was Certifed Angus Beef Tenderloin Salpicao (I think), medium rare. I shared  this meal with a friend

It was sooooo goood!!! :D

"Only Melo's has a steak cart presented to customers so they can choose the cut and thickness of the meat before it is grilled to perfection with a secret marinade and using volcanic rocks. The Santiago family truly devotes much time and effort for diners to enjoy the steaks.



Melo's
Home of Certified Angus Beef and Authentic Wagyu Beef


Quote of the Day: "I only use a camera like I use a toothbrush. It does the job." - Don McCullin

2 comments:

  1. I still haven't tried Melo's. I want to prepare a lot of money before stepping foot into the restaurant 'cause I'm really saving up for the high grade steaks.. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a deal ongoing at ensogo or cashcash, I think :) 750php for a complete meal :)

      Delete