Thursday, January 12, 2012

Red Coconut Beach Hotel, Boracay

As a year-ender for 2011, I visited Boracay together with some friends as well as with my dad. My dad had a work activity and we were fortunate enough to tag along with him. We manage to tag along only on the third day... the rest of the food gatherings, we just couldn't get much of it. It was gluttony! haha.

On our last night in the island, we visited a friend of ours who is working at Red Coconut Beach Hotel. We had some food in the restaurant, beside the bar.


At first, we decided to just get some desserts and drinks (coffee or some shakes). But they recommended that we try their pizza. The husband of our friend is a fan of Italian cooking (correct me if I'm wrong), and spent his latter times researching and perfecting the perfect taste for his dishes. We took their advise and went for the Vegetable/Vegetarian Pizza, the biggest one.


The pizza is actually soooo GOOD!! One thing is, I'm not a fan of bell peppers. At Pizza Hut, Greenwich, etc, I REMOVED them. They taste like vegetable and tastes a little bitter. However, I'll make an exception with their pizza. I ordered this because our foreign friends would prefer this (coz it's gulay) compared to the rest. 

To pair off with my pizza, I ordered a hot chai tea latte. It kind of reminded me of Coffee Bean & Tea Leafs' version.. It's not on the island and before I went to Boracay, I was having CBTL's Chai Tea Latte more often so I was craving for one and it was right on the menu =)
Chai Tea Latte w/ extra Whip
. . . they said that it goes well with whipped cream on top. I had mine ahead of them, so I wasn't able to try it. Nonetheless, it was so good! :)


We had crepes for dessert. I forgot the name of this dessert. But they said that it is one of the highly recommended and most wanted desserts in the house. A-must-try! :) 

So, if ever you are in the island of Boracay, head over to Red Coconut Beach Hotel. They have the great pizza, CBTL-like chai tea latte and yummy desserts! Plus, the budget is not heavy on the pocket ;) ... great acoustic sounds in the evening!

Red Coconut Beach Hotel
Between Station 1 & 2
White Beach 5608 Malay, Boracay


Quote for the Day: "You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." ~ Mark Twain


2 comments:

  1. I have lived on Boracay apartments for 15 years and loved the place so much i built cohiba. These are the Biggest and Best value for money apartments on the island period ! Every apartment has stunning sea views and 30m2 to 40m2 balconies with which to enjoy it. We are overlooking the windsurfing / kitesurfing bay where the season goes from November to april. Its either a great sport to participate, or great to just sit on your huge terrace and watch.
    Boracay apartments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Johny! Thanks for giving the heads up about Boracay Apartment. Is it on the other side of the island? I heard some friends over there that the windsurfing/kite surfing area is located at the other side of the island. Is this place open for a visit, not to stay in, but to check the amenities, etc?

      I'd love to visit this place when I visit this coming July :)

      Delete