Friday, July 15, 2011

President Tea House - SM Annex

We.are.craving.for.Chinese.food!

Yup, we, my new food trip partner - we spontaneously decided to go to SM Annex and window shop at the food area. I just texted her, "Food trip tayo!" After 30mins, we met up at SM Annex Bldg.



We were both craving Chinese. Since many Chinese Restaurants - authentic or not - has popped out in the metro, we wanted AUTHENTIC CHINESE FOOD. That was a must!

So, here we landed at President's Tea House. They are one of the many who are serving authentic dishes. The servings are big, even if they say it's good for 2. :)

  
Left photo: near the entrance; Right photo: center tables

If you have tried the original and main branch of President Tea House located in Binondo, you will be also loving this branch. The staff were really nice. They helped us in choosing the menu, offered suggestions, etc.  I like the wall design and ceilings. It was as if we were in China dining out (only this place is much nicer and cleaner :p )

They serve unlimited service green tea - i loved it! :)

Fried Hofan Noodles w/ Beef Php220.00
This dish should go LAST! As in last in line. The noodles are thick and very heavy. This is good as ulam/rice serving. It was also served fast (no long waiting needed).

Hakao 4pcs Php90.00, Cold Milk Tea Php45.00
In every Chinese restaurant, I wouldn't miss trying out their Hakaw Dimsum. I love shrimps, and so far the best Hakaw with big, full shrimps that ever passed to my liking was the ones at HapChan Restaurant, Examiner Street. It was the best I've ever tasted and I can eat as 3 steamed baskets of it. :D Now, I have added President's Tea Houses' Hakaw Dimsum. It was divine! :) The shrimps were BIG and the wrap was just enough to cover the shrimp. I loved it soooo much, that I ordered another serving!

Sharksfin Dimsum Php90.00

The last dish we ordered was Minced Pork Lettuce Wrap (Small)

Minced Pork Lettuce Wrap Php270.00
If you are on a diet, order this. :) If you are a fan of Sanggyupsal (Korean Dish), as I am, then you'll know how to eat this. :) You wrap the minced pork with hoisin sauce inside the lettuce and you it whole or bite size. :)

I would definitely dine here again and refer it to my friends, relatives and families. :)



President Tea House
2/F SM Annex
North Edsa

Quote for the Day: "A good photograph is knowing where to stand." ~ Ansel Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment